'Bringing Broadway's Favorites Back to Life' - This one phrase alone embodies the driving force behind Scottsdale Musical Theater Company. Musicals are America's greatest contribution to the history of theater. The majority of theater audiences look forward to the familiarity of recognizable titles, stories and music. Now in its 10th year, SMTC prides itself on presenting fully-staged "concert" versions of famous Broadway musicals. Adapting to the Encore Presentation model used at the Lincoln Center in NY, our fully-staged productions feature the complete shows including storyline, dialogue and all the music, songs and dances; just without the large set pieces, backdrops and multiple costume changes usually associated with national tours. Featuring the best talent from around the valley and a full live 20+ piece orchestra on stage together with the performers, our shows can be appreciated by audiences of all ages.
SMTC is proud to present their shows at the nationally recognized Scottsdale Center for the Performing Arts, right in the heart of Old Town Scottsdale. Since 1975, Scottsdale Center for the Performing Arts (Scottsdale Arts) has been providing audiences with affordable access to unparalleled artists, diverse and inclusive programs, relevant and cutting-edge experiences, and world-class performances from around the globe.
In moving forward, Scottsdale Arts’ guidelines for public safety in response to Covid-19 will include the following as part of their reopening plan:
– Theaters, bathrooms and high-touch areas cleaned and sanitized throughout the day.
– Customer service counters including bar, box office and retail spaces taking additional sanitary and safety precautions.
– Non-touch ticket scanning will be implemented.
– Event programs will be one use, throw away programs.
– Staff, volunteers and all visitors within the indoor buildings required to wear masks. (ADA accommodations allowed) Visitors will be provided masks upon entry as needed.
– Hand sanitizer stations available throughout public spaces.
– Seating options in theaters physically spaced (with varying sized seating groups available) and distancing relaxed as criteria is met according to Centers for Disease Control and Prevention guidelines.
– Staggered seating protocols to maintain social distancing when entering and exiting theaters.
– All events will have a "no intermission" policy to avoid heavy concentration of visitors in the public bathrooms all at once.